Monday, December 7, 2009

Must Be Fate

So here is the first unusual item up for grabs, it's the very vintage player piano rolls that I mentioned in my first post.



     So after my first post I went back to the place where I had come across the player piano rolls and underneath a pile of other stuff, I came across that same lot. I had been kicking myself for not buying them when I first saw them, but as luck would have it, they were still there! This paper is really cool stuff, it is quite delicate as you can see on the pic of the end section on the full roll. It has an aged colour to it, like old manila paper. The square holes are 1/16" wide and range in length from about 1/8" to 2" in length. I'm not sure how much paper is on each roll (I will eventually unroll one and measure it), but if feels pretty substantial.
     I've cut off a small piece from one roll to mess around with. I think I'll first try gluing is down to a hard surface and then applying a high gloss clearcoat ("lacquer"). But if anyone has any ideas, let me know. I'll post some pics of what I come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment